Friday, August 27, 2010

Forget Me Not!

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately (obviously), music being one of them. I currently have about 10 CDs that I need to load onto my iTunes, and I just realized that I won't really be getting any new music until APRIL. Brooke Fraser's new album, Flags?? It'll have to wait. Won't be getting any new stuff from Coldplay or Ingrid Michaelson either.
But anyway. I'd never heard of The Civil Wars until like...last week when I heard they were doing a concert in downtown Raleigh. But I'd never heard any of their stuff, so I didn't go to the concert. But then I saw this video (which you should watch immediately) that my wonderful (and he would tell you favorite, of course) cousin Clayton posted on Facebook.....and now I'm just a tad obsessed.
I sort of hate people like that. Who are just that insanely talented and have voices that blend so well together. I mean I can sing and play some piano, but I just don't think I could create music like that. But it's too awesome for me to really hate them.
Anyway. I thought it was good enough to share with you good people.
I went and visited Trinity today (my old school, if you don't know). I took Joshua lunch--5 Guys. Yes, I was the cool sister today. Although Caitlin is definitely becoming much cooler since she's the one having his niece/nephew.
But yeah, it was weird. I had to sign in, and I wasn't wearing a polo (YAY!), and I sat and chatted with some of my favorite teachers while everyone else was in class.
I have to be honest, it was pretty awesome. I loved my time at Trinity (I could talk for hours about the great things I learned there), but it was just time. I am super excited to be an alum though. And I'm actually attending my first big TAR event tomorrow night! We finally have a gym (it's AWESOME)! And it's being dedicated tomorrow before the annual Back to School Picnic. Sarah Beth is coming over beforehand to help me figure out some packing stuff and then we're both going to the school for the evening. It will be great!
So yes. Life is good. I am incredibly blessed. Every time I visit Trinity, I'm reminded how grateful I should be to be surrounded by the body of Christ. It is so sweet to know that I am so loved and have so many people supporting me and praying for me. So thank you! God is good! :)

4 comments:

  1. Civil Wars - great group. Just recently realized that was Joy Williams I was hearing. You and I share an appreciation for good music! Here's a website with access to artists you might enjoy www.noisetrade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! The Civil Wars remind me of the kids from Once plus a little soul minus a lot of Europeaness.

    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....
    a) Joy is very cool and very hot and very married :-/
    b) She was still REALLY excited to meet me: http://twitpic.com/2ff5vp
    c) Kids from Once = The Swell Season. They are quite awesome indeed.
    d) As for good places for music I've got several suggestions.
    1. Go to www.daytrotter.com . They have tons of artist come in and record live songs which they put on their website for free (90% of them are free). You can go back about 4 years on there and download them all if you want. There are TONS of great bands.
    2. Amazon actually is cheaper than iTunes usually. They have most of their albums at lower prices as well as individual songs. Plus every month they have 100's of great albums for $5. Go to: $5 Albums for those. Before August is over you HAVE to get Mumford & Sons and Trouble by Ray La and AA Bondy and Citizen Cope and BRETT DENNEN
    3. You can download NPR podcast on iTunes that are actually live concerts of great bands from various shows.
    e) And YES I am WONDERFUL and no matter how much you deny it we both know I am your FAVORITE cousin.

    The End

    No wait PS here... how did raising the money turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...I just read this and I am mad because I had no idea The Civil Wars came to Raleigh and they are my favorite group! AHHH! Kelsey saw them at Samford last year and I have been wanting to see them ever since. Oh and by the way, you have great taste in music. :)

    ReplyDelete