Wednesday, August 25, 2010

addresses! and other random things

So a lot of people have been asking about whether or not they can write me or send me things. The answer is yes! However, there are certain dates to send things by and in some countries there are taxes on packages. So. Be mindful of that if you are going to send me something. But I would love some letters! Or if you don't want to write me, please email me or comment here--it will be so great to hear from everyone back home while I am gone. I will need all the encouragement I can get! :)

NOTE:
I had to take the addresses down for security reasons....email my mom to get addresses!!! :)

A few notes from TBB:
-Ecuador taxes things heavily and I can't pick up anything that is sent to me without paying taxes in person.
-Don't send items through Fed Ex to China.
-S. Africa also taxes items.
-It may be best to send holiday gifts or packages to China or India--I'll be in Cambodia over Christmas.
-When you're sending things, take into account weekends, holidays, and program travel.

Agh. I leave so soon. Soooo soon. I really am so excited. But its like in the past week life has hit me over the head like a great wooden bat. Not very comfortable.
Nearly all of my friends have left for college. Which is great! But it's bizarre. I've just realized that they are moving on to college--meeting new people, trying new things! And I was a little jealous for a while there. And scared, honestly, that they'd make all these new and better friends. But I realized, that's sort of how it should be. I'll stay really close to a few people I think. But most people...if you think about it...it'll be good for them to make new friends. People who really understand them. And this experience will be good for me!
It's two weeks from today. Exactly.
Two weeks. Til I am gone for eight months. GAH.
For those of you reading this, please be praying for my funding--it's definitely not all here yet. I basically just need a miracle in one week. I know the Lord will provide a way. He always does. Nevertheless, I'd appreciate your prayers!
Sorry for the length of this post...more rambling. :)

4 comments:

  1. Almost everything in between the "Agh." and the ":)" are my recent thoughts exactly.
    That's weird.
    Get out of my head, braintwin.

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically you're saying we should just all THINK about sending something but it's pointless so just don't worry about it? Or maybe I could order you a pink stuffed animal hippo on Amazon and just get them to ship to you! ;)
    FYI not only are you going to miss your nephew Clayton being born but you'll be gone when Molly & Jeff have my nephew Clayton on April 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clayton, if I could like your comment I would. But I cant, so I'll tell you that it produced many giggles on my part.
    It is unfortunate that I'll be missing the birth of the new Claytons in the Nelson clan. Although I'll actually be back in the States for Molly & Jeff's Clayton! I think I'll be in DC though.

    Jaron, this weird braintwin thing has got to stop. It's getting creepy. Thanks for the prayers, though. I am doing the same for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could provide you with some giggles. I've come to believe that your sister "lost" the hippo on purpose so she could keep it for herself.

    Ok so when do you leave? Could you explain that whole "mailing you stuff" again? :)

    ReplyDelete