Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Work, Shots, and the BEACH!

So...I realized today that I'm leaving in a little less than two months......as an Italian Tyler Lucas would say..."FWHAT?!?" This is insanity.
I've gotten some responses to my support letters and I'm still working on all that. But I recently got a job at Aeropostale! My good friend Kelsey Wiggs works there and she recommended me and basically got me the job. I'm really excited, everyone I've met so far is really nice. I've only worked one day, but it was good!
TBB sent me my departure prep package! I got all the information about where I'll be and when. I'm getting so excited. But I have all these forms to fill out. So I've been filling out visa applications and signing things and all that jazz. Great fun.
One of the things I got from TBB was the list of SHOTS I need to get before I leave. Yay. Haha. I have received 7 shots to date, and I will probably be getting 3 more, and I have to take a pill for one vaccine. I have my malaria prescription. So I'll have had 10 shots by the time I leave--worth it if I don't get sick though!!
I also have my reading list, and I've started reading the first book: Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. It's a little strange, but very interesting.
So the family's been at the beach since Friday--we're at Holden Beach and it's so nice. Caitlin and Carson were able to come down for a few days. They left today. I've been reading the whole time. Joshua is having the time of his life--kayaking, fishing, swimming, spending time with the family--he is loving every minute of it! We haven't been to the beach in about 4 years, so we are really enjoying ourselves.
Next post will be my itinerary for TBB--it's sort of exciting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment